About the CCW Class:
The class will consist of two days of classroom instruction and firing range time. You must attend the entire concealed permit class to receive a certificate which must be submitted to DPS as part of your application.
Bring driver’s license to class. Range will be conducted last; schedule developed in class. NM test requires 25 rounds per action type (semi-auto and/or revolver). To be licensed for both, you must qualify with both. Loaner guns available; ammo available from my personal supply at fair market price.
Within 90 days of class, the State of New Mexico collects $44 for an electronic fingerprint background check and $56 for permit processing. Details provided in class.
Topics covered in the course include:
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
– understand and be able to access laws and restrictions related to concealed handgun carry
– recite rules and guidelines regarding safe use and storage of handguns and ammunition
– identify opportunities and methods for effective prevention or avoidance of criminal encounters
– cite methods for preparing, controlling and dealing with the aftermath of a deadly force encounter involving their concealed handgun
– demonstrate understanding of safe handling and use of the handgun of their choice
– demonstrate sufficient grasp of marksmanship fundamentals, including completion of the required 25-round course of fire with accuracy of at least 72 percent. Per statute, firing will be from distances of three and seven yards.
About Your Instructor:
Eve Flanigan is a lifelong firearms enthusiast who took to concealed carry after testifying in a murder trial as a young adult. That experience was followed by pistol and rifle training, then “run and gun” competitions. Eventually, what was once a hobby and a lifestyle expanded to include a career. Find out more on her bio page!
The Class Location:
The class will take place in Carlsbad New Mexico. The exact physical address will be sent to you upon registering for the course.
How do you Register for Class:
We require pre-registration for our classes. Please click the add to cart button above to make your payment or call us at 505-395-5581 to register over the phone.