About the CCW Class:
The class will consist of two days of classroom instruction and firing range time. You must attend the entire concealed permit class to receive a certificate which must be submitted to DPS as part of your application.
Bring driver’s license to class. Range will be conducted last; schedule developed in class. NM test requires 25 rounds per action type (semi-auto and/or revolver). To be licensed for both, you must qualify with both. Loaner guns available; ammo available from my personal supply at fair market price.
Within 90 days of class, the State of New Mexico collects $44 for an electronic fingerprint background check and $56 for permit processing. Details provided in class.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
– understand and be able to access laws and restrictions related to concealed handgun carry
– recite rules and guidelines regarding safe use and storage of handguns and ammunition
– identify opportunities and methods for effective prevention or avoidance of criminal encounters
– cite methods for preparing, controlling and dealing with the aftermath of a deadly force encounter involving their concealed handgun
– demonstrate understanding of safe handling and use of the handgun of their choice
– demonstrate sufficient grasp of marksmanship fundamentals, including completion of the required 25-round course of fire with accuracy of at least 72 percent. Per statute, firing will be from distances of three and seven yards.
ADDED BONUS: $185
When you sign up for this class today you will immediately receive a coupon pack valued at $185. Coupons provide discounts up to $25 on various industry proven products that you will probably need anyway. Products include: Gun law books and videos, training pistols, holsters, gun cleaning products, gun safes and cases, training tools, hearing protection, and more. Click here for more details.
About Your Instructor:
Eve Flanigan is a lifelong firearms enthusiast who took to concealed carry after testifying in a murder trial as a young adult. That experience was followed by pistol and rifle training, then “run and gun” competitions. Eventually, what was once a hobby and a lifestyle expanded to include a career. Find out more on her bio page!
How do you Register for Class:
We require pre-registration for our classes. Please click the add to cart button above to make your payment or call us at 505-395-5581 to register over the phone.
The Class Location:
The class will take place in Carlsbad New Mexico. The exact physical address will be sent to you upon registering for the course.
How Do I Apply For My CCW License After the Class?
After the class, you will walk out with a class completion certificate signed by the instructor. From there you just need to visit your county sheriff’s office and apply. Don’t worry. We’ll give you detailed instructions and set you up before you leave the class.