About the CCW Class:
The class will consist of 15 hours of classroom instruction and firing range time. You must attend the entire gun permit class to receive a certificate which must be submitted to DPS as part of your application. There is a 25 round handgun competency test that must be achieved to qualify for a certificate. This is a bare minimum and you are responsible to obtain and maintain proficiency with the firearm you intend to carry.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Basic Firearms Safety
- Understanding the Criminal Mindset
- Combatting Fear in a Life Threatening Situation
- Strategies for Personal Security Inside and Outside the Home
- Non-lethal Force Options for Self Defense
- Understanding the Criminal/Civil Justice System
- Justification for the use of Physical or Lethal Force
- What constitutes “Self Defense” when using a firearm?
- Where you can legally carry a firearm concealed and/or open in New Mexico
- Handling contact with law Enforcement while carrying a firearm
- Interstate Travel with Firearms and Reciprocity
Range fees are included.
How do you Register for Class:
We require pre-registration for our classes. Please click the add to cart button above to make your payment or call us at 505-395-5581 to register over the phone.
*Please note that credit card charges will show up as JP2 USAFT.