In New Mexico only residents are eligible to receive their concealed handgun permit. Active duty military assigned to a military posting in New Mexico can also be eligible.
The first step is to take a complete a firearms safety or training course offered or approved by the New Mexico Departement of Public Safety (like our courses).
After the class is complete, you will need to mail in your application to the state. The following must be included for New applications:
- Complete 2-Page Application
- $56 for the Application Fee paid to NMDPS
- $44 for Background Check paid to Cogent
- Photocopy of New Mexico Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Original birth certificate: Must be issued by a vital statistics or similar agency in the state in which you were born, no photo copies. Refer to 29-19-5 B(6)
- Certificate of Completion of Firearms Training (Our instructor will provide this to you)
- Two (2) Authorization Release Forms
- Electronic Fingerprint Background Check receipt
“3M Cogent” is the name of the company that will do electronic fingerprinting. You can see their information here. You must pay for the Fingerprint Check service which is $44.00.
Mail Applications to:
NM Department of Public Safety
Concealed Carry Unit
6301 Indian School Rd. NE Suite 310
Albuquerque, NM 87110