About the CCW Class:
The class will consist of two days of classroom instruction and firing range time. You must attend the entire concealed permit class to receive a certificate which must be submitted to DPS as part of your application. There is a 25 round handgun competency test that must be achieved to qualify for a certificate. Don’t worry, we are going to spend 15 hours getting your ready for the shooting test and everyone passes! This is a bare minimum and you are responsible to obtain and maintain proficiency with the firearm you intend to carry after the class.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Basic Firearms Safety
- Understanding the Criminal Mindset
- Combatting Fear in a Life Threatening Situation
- Strategies for Personal Security Inside and Outside the Home
- Non-lethal Force Options for Self Defense
- Understanding the Criminal/Civil Justice System
- Justification for the use of Physical or Lethal Force
- What constitutes “Self Defense” when using a firearm?
- Where you can legally carry a firearm concealed and/or open in New Mexico
- Handling contact with law Enforcement while carrying a firearm
- Interstate Travel with Firearms and Reciprocity
About Your Instructor
Mark Calero is a NRA and New Mexico DPS certified instructor. With impressive accolades in marksmanship and pistol shooting the thing people love most about Mark is he genuine ability to teach in a way that makes everyone feel comfortable and confident. Read his full bio here.
The Class Location
This class will be held at the Albuquerque Shooting Park (exact address will be provided after you register). The classroom is comfortable and ideal for learning while the range is safe and allows for the proper environment for the shooting portion of the class. Range fees are an additional $6 on the day of the class.
How do you Register for Class:
We require pre-registration for our classes. Please click the add to cart button above to make your payment or call us at 505-395-5581 to register over the phone.
*Please note that credit card charges will show up as JP2 USAFT.